Zucchini Au Gratin
A fast and delicious way to prepare the zucchini or yellow squash flooding your garden or market this summer.
- 4 cups zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Wash and slice vegetables. Place zucchini, onion, water, margarine, and pepper in a frying pan. Cover and cook over medium heat for one minute.
- Remove cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Turn with large spoon to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss lightly.
- Serve at once.
Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service, Eating Right is Basic
Nutrition Education Program