Zesty Skillet Zucchini
Tomato juice brings all of the flavors of the onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini together in this summer dish.
- 1/2 cup tomato juice, low-sodium (low sodium V8)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 tomato (medium)
- 1 cup mushroom (canned)
- 2 zucchini (medium)
- 1 teaspoon basil
1. Peel the onion. Chop it into small pieces.
2. Chop the tomato.
3. Drain the water from the can of mushrooms.
4. Cut each zucchini into thin slices.
5. Put the tomato juice and pepper in a skillet or pan. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
6. Add the onion, tomato, and mushrooms.
7. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network