Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
Making your own salad dressing is quick and easy. You can start out with this basic recipe and adapt as needed to fit the ingredients of your salad and your preferences. Mix the vinaigrette in a bowl with a fork or whisk, or shake it in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (olive, canola, avacado, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (cider, balsamic, or red wine vinegars)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard (yellow, dijon, or brown mustards)
- sugar (1/4 tsp sugar)
- garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
- Italian seasoning (1 teaspoon)
- red pepper flakes, crushed (1 pinch)
- Dijon or spice mustard (1 teaspoon)
- honey (2 teaspoons)
- Mix all ingredients together.
USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)