Veggie Bean Wrap
These delicious wraps are packed full of flavor and fiber. Mango, cilantro and avocado add a fresh topping to these wraps.
- 2 green or red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 can black beans, 50% less salt (15 ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 2 mango (chopped)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 avocado (peeled and diced)
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
1. In a nonstick pan, sauté bell peppers and onion for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add beans, stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine mangos, lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Reserve 1/2 mixture for topping.
3. Fill warmed tortillas with 1/4 bean mixture and 1/4 mango mixture.
4. Fold ends of the tortillas over. Roll up to make wraps. Top veggie bean wraps with remaining mango mixture.
Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love
California Department of Health Services
California Latino 5-A-Day Campaign