Surf's Up Tacos
This fish taco recipe is a time and money saver, using canned tuna and a mix of canned and fresh veggies.
- 1 can tuna (6.5 oz or 5 oz)
- 1 can kidney beans (15.5 oz can) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can mexi-corn or canned corn (drained)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, light
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or juice from one lime
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 whole grain tortillas or hard taco shells
1. In a medium bowl, flake tuna with fork. Stir in beans, corn, mayonnaise, taco seasoning*, and lime juice.
2. Place lettuce, cheese, and salsa in separate bowls.
3. Place tortillas or taco shells on microwave safe plate. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.**
4. To eat, layer tuna mixture, lettuce, and cheese on tortilla. Top with salsa.
*Taco seasoning can be saved for 12 months once opened. Store in an airtight bag or container for later use.
**Microwaves may vary in power, so you may have to change the cooking time.