Scrambled tofu is a powerful protein packed dish for any meal of the day. Add your favorite veggies for increased flavor and crunch.
- 1 package tofu (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups bean sprouts (10 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
1. Drain tofu.
2. In small bowl, dice or mash tofu. For optional ingredients, crush garlic and/or slice watercress, mushrooms, cheese, bell peppers, and green onions.
3. In a pan, melt butter. Add tofu. Add bean sprouts and optional ingredients. Saute over medium heat until lightly browned.
4. Beat eggs and add to tofu mixture. Cook until firm.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir and cook until firm.
University of Hawaii at Manoa Cooperative Extension