This classic garbanzo bean dip is easy to make and a versatile dish. Serve hummus with fresh raw vegetables, on a piece of whole wheat pita bread or tortilla, on crackers, or as a sandwich filling.
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked (chickpeas)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini ([sesame paste] or substitute peanut butter for a sweet taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mash the garbanzo beans until smooth (if you have a blender, put the beans and lemon juice into it and blend).
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini and oil. Mix well.
Simple Healthy Recipes
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education