This dip is full of protein and can be served with vegetables or whole wheat pita for a healthy snack. Make it as spicy as you like by adding more or less of the cayenne pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (plain, non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
1. Drain and mash garbanzo beans in blender, food processor or
with fork. Add remaining ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth. Chill one hour or overnight. Serve on crackers or tortilla chips. Promptly refrigerate leftovers.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service