Chilled Cantaloupe Soup
This cool, refreshing melon and citrus soup is perfect for a day when it is too hot to cook. Have it with a hearty, protein-filled sandwich on whole grain bread for a filling meal.
- 1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1. Wash hands with soap and warm water.
2. Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a container of a blender or food processor.
3. Cover with lid and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
4. Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice.
5. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Serve chilled.
Champions for Change Recipes
Arizona Nutrition Network