Add your favorite veggies and brown rice to this yummy chicken soup for a warm meal on a cold night.
- 6 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1 cup chicken (cooked)
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 3/4 cups vegetables (fresh chopped, such as potatoes, carrots, celery, or cabbage)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
1. Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 1 cup of chicken pieces.
2. Place the cooked chicken in a large saucepan.
3. Add the broth and uncooked rice. Cover the pan.
4. Bring the broth and rice to a boil.
5. Cover the pan, and turn the heat to low.
6. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add the chopped onions, chopped vegetables, and seasonings.
8. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network