Cabbage Roll Casserole
Minute rice and canned tomatoes combined with cabbage make this a quick, easy, and healthy recipe.
- 1/2 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, low-sodium (16 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (or tomato juice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup minute rice (brown)
- 1 cabbage head (small to medium, chopped in bite-sized pieces)
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain off any fat.
2. Place meat in a large pot and add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce (or juice), and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is almost tender.
3. Add minute rice and cook five minutes longer. Serve.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education