Cabbage, onion, and caraway seeds make this simple and inexpensive side dish a flavorful way to eat more veggies.
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 cups cabbage (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Saute onion over medium heat, until light brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add sliced cabbage, salt, black pepper, and caraway seeds.
- Stir and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
National Cancer Institute (NCI), 5-A-Day.