Designed with kids in mind, this recipe puts a new spin on snacktime. Try different vegetables or dried fruit for a different looking "butterfly".
- 3 celery (stalks)
- 12 twist pretzels (large, 3 ring)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Clean celery with vegetable brush under cool running water.
3. Cut celery in half cross wise.
4. Fill center of each celery stick with one tablespoon of peanut butter. This is the body of the butterfly
5. Add two pretzels to form the butterfly’s wings.
6. Use extra pretzel pieces for antenna and raisins for decoration.
Learn more about celery.
Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System, Expanded Nutrition Program