Brussel Sprouts, Cranberry and Bulgur Salad
Step up your salad game with this delicious dish, perfect for a gathering of friends or an easy lunch. Try substituting sunflower or pumpkin seeds for a nut-free option.
- 1/3 cup dried bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (any type)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service