This dish features whole wheat pasta and fat-free Parmesan cheese.
- 4 cups broccoli, cooked
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups milk, 1% (or non-fat)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (reduced fat)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Heat milk over medium heat and then add basil and garlic powder. When hot, add Parmesan cheese.
2. Mix cornstarch with 2 or 3 Tbsp of milk and add to hot mixture. Heat until thickened.
3. Pour mixture over pasta and broccoli. Serve.
Learn more about broccoli.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education