Mushrooms, nutmeg, and white wine make a delicious yogurt-based sauce for the pasta in this beef recipe.
- 1 pound beef (lean, top round)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pound mushroom (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup yogurt (plain, low-fat)
- 6 cups macaroni (cooked in unsalted water)
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in non-stick skillet. Saute onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and saute for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
3. Add remaining oil to pan; saute mushrooms.
4. Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
5. Add wine and yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
6. Serve with macaroni.
A Healthier You: Based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
US Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion