Beef & Noodles
This protein-filled dinner makes it easy to put food on the table even when you're short on ingredients. Serve it with cooked vegetables from the freezer for a complete meal.
- 3/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 1/2 cups water (can take up to 2 cups water)
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked (or any shaped pasta)
- 7 portions of Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons)
- salt (optional)
1. Brown 3/4 pound ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
2. Add water, egg noodles or pasta, and seasoning mix. Stir.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
4. Taste; then add a small amount of salt, if needed.
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis