Basic Soup and Sauce Mix
This pantry staple can be used in casseroles, soups, dips, and many more dishes!
- 2 cups milk (non-fat powdered)
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 12 teaspoons chicken bouillon (instant)
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes (dried)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Yield: Equal to about 3 cups dry or makes up to 9 cans equivalent cream soup.
1. Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag, mixing well.
To use as a substitute for 1 can of cream soup:
1. Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 1/4 cups of cold water.
2. Cook and stir on stove top or in microwave until thickened.
3. Add thickened mixture to casseroles as you would a can of soup.
Store in closed plastic bag or air-tight container until ready to use. It does not have to be refrigerated.
The final product of this recipe is intended to be used as an ingredient in other recipes. It is not intended as a ready-to-eat product.
Utah State University Cooperative Extension